Encouraging chemists around the world to join the CO-ADD community and contribute compounds
This year we ran the CO-ADD Chemistry Prize for academics around the world. We invited academics to submit a prize entry for the chance to win funds to help prepare and send their compounds to us for free screening against 5 bacteria and 2 fungi. The competition attracted entries from all corners of the world from Russia, to Egypt to the USA and the UK.
Our judging panel included:
- Dr Siouxsie Wiles – The University of Auckland (New Zealand)
- Professor Mark Moloney– University of Oxford (United Kingdom)
- Associate Professor Mei Lin Go – National University of Singapore (Singapore)
- Dr Mark Blaskovich – The University of Queensland (Australia)
The judging panel selected an overall winner who received a cash component of US$2,000. The runner-up and 3rd prize winner were awarded US$1,000. The people’s choice category winner was awarded US$1,000.
We are pleased to announce:
- The Judges and People’s Choice Winner was Dr Matthew Piggott, University of Western Australia
- The Judges Runner-up were: Dr William Scott, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI)Mr Liam Stephens, University of Bath